Sunday, March 25, 2012

Crystal XI forumla syntax

I am trying to write a formula for a report that sums up payments received, both positive and negative amounts.

The issue I am running into is that when I drop the appropriate field as a Summary into the report, it displays a blank field in the details section for each entry that would've appeared if I put that transaction amount field into the report.

Further, I cannot just hide the details and do things in a group section (I tried).

I was wondering if someone could help me with this, I am at my wits end. I can display more information about the fields themselves if necessary

On a similiar note, is there anyway to do a Where clause/command in Crystal formula?

ie sum({x}) where transactioncode = "x"On a similiar note, is there anyway to do a Where clause/command in Crystal formula?

ie sum({x}) where transactioncode = "x"

1. You can create a running total.
Select and add your 'Field to summarize', set the 'type of summaries'.
Evaluate it on the 'Use a formula', click x+2 buton and enter your formula:

transactioncode = "x"

Reset summaries as you need.
-------
or
-------
2. create a formula, kind of this one:

if transactioncode = "x" then {x} else 0

then summarize it

About the issue you have, can you post your formula and some example of your desired result, please?

No comments:

Post a Comment