Sunday, March 25, 2012

Crystal reports: passing DATA to main report

hey everyone:

I have a report with a number of subreports which basically contain ranking data with ranks stores in certain catagories. What I would like to be able to do is at the end of the report, take all of the store_ids that show up on the subreports, and total up their rankings for one aggregate score.

This involves sending data back from the subreports to the main reports, and I would need to pass both the store_id and ranking number.

Is there a way to accomplish this with the current report setup? The one idea I had is to use a shared array for each subreport, and at the end of the report I can handle each array, but that would involve looking for matching store id's, and since i am NOT a programmer, that would take me a long time to accomplish.

so if anyone has any simpler solutions, i would really appreciate it.

edit: Crystal reports 8.5, fwiwWhat is the difficulty you are facing with comparison?
Give more details

No comments:

Post a Comment