Thursday, March 22, 2012

Crystal Reports help!

I am connecting to an AS400 via ODBC using Crystal Reports 9.0. I have a date that is coming out in a 7 digit number format. I need a formula for Crystal Reports that will convert this to a date format.

For example 1051111 would return 11/11/05.

The formula will have to get rid of the first "1" and put the other numbers in the correct format.

If someone can provide me with this formula and where I need to put it in Crystal Reports V9.0 that would be great.

ThanksSomething like this should do it. Just place it in your detail section.

StringVar ConvertDate := Right (ToText({your_number_field),6 );
StringVar YY := ConvertDate [1 to 2];
StringVar MM := ConvertDate [3 to 4];
StringVar DD := ConvertDate [4 to 5];

DD & "/" & MM & "/" & YY;

Brian
http://www.briankuipers.com|||Thanks alot, that helped a little. Except I told you wrong. The original format actually comes down as 1,051,111.00 with the commas and the decimal point.

When I use your formula it is counting the commas as text. I need a formula that would pull out the commas and decimal points and just use the text string of 1051111 that I originally stated was being used.

Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment