Sunday, March 25, 2012

Crystal v9 and SQL stored procedure

I am having a heck of time doing what seems to should be simple. I have a stored Procedure (SQL Server) with one parameter that returns a records set. When I put this into a Crystal ver 9 report it prompts me for the param and produces the report. When I use this report as a subreport in a main report and link a value value from the main report to the subreport param (which is the SQL Stored Procedure param) I get a blank report.

Any clues?

I then decided that I would have the main report run the stored procedure and change the stored procedure to write a table of the result set into the database; I could not manage this as the crystal reports returns the succinct but cryptic 'not allowed when I try to write the table'. (When running this in the query analyzer, it generates the new table as expected).

If you can help it would be greatly appreciated.As a followup to my previous post, I found that if I changed the stored procedure so that it inserted the records into an existing table (as opposed to creating a new table and inserting the data) then the crystal reports interface successfully executed the stored procedure so it was hanging up on the create table part of the process. Can someone tell me if its possile (and if so how) to change the call from crystal reports so that it is permitted to create a table. The same user id and db login executes the create table correctly from QUery Analyzer.|||Not exactly know how to do it in SQL Server. But in Oracle, we can use object type to return
the record from stored procedure and call it from CR.
Other way is, to call this stored procedure from your program and save the result in text delimited
file, then load this file to CR...Just an idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment