Thursday, March 22, 2012

Crystal Reports Export error 8.5

Our web server was running windows 2000 iis5 for several years including crystal 8.5. We just migrated to windows 2003 iis6 and all applications work great. EXCEPT exporting to PDF with (asp) using crystal reports Session("oRpt").Export.
I installed all SP & hotfixes for exporting and still no luck. Called tech support and they don't support version 8.5 so they would not help me.
Can somebody please help me! I have just 2 applications left that use crystal reports 8.5 and they are well heavily.

This is the error:
Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01fb'

An exception occurred: 'Export'Hi Dough,
Just wondering if you ever found a fix to the crystal report export. I am having the exact same issue with Windows Server 2003 / ASP 3.0 / IIS 6.0.

Thanks,
Troye Stonich|||I may have a solution for you to try.

I found it may be necessary to set the Display Progress Dialog to False. Most likely due to security restrictions on the IIS 6 Win2003 server.

Right before the Session Export line, Enter the following line,

Session("oRpt").DisplayProgressDialog = False

This helped me, doing a simple PDF Export (no viewer). Crystal does not present this dispaly in sample ASP they provide, (9.0 and below). For me it was pretty much a trial and error to resolve this issue.

If the above does not work, try the following 4 lines:

Dim strContentType
strContentType = "application/pdf"
Session("oRpt").DisplayProgressDialog = False
Response.ContentType = strContentType

Hope this helps.

Steve|||You guys are GREAT !

Thank you so mutch, i was getting crazy because of this problem :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment