Thursday, March 22, 2012

Crystal reports problem

I also posted this to the CR newsgroup, but I think it might be an MSDE
problem also.
We recently moved several Access databases to an instance of MSDE. We use
VB .Net for program development. Upon running one of the programs a dialog
box now pops up alerting us to enter a user name and password. I searched
the Business Solutions help and found that the database server needs to be
set up with a trusted connection. I thought I already did this through the
data connection of the VS IDE.
Is there something more than I have to do on the MSDE side?
Thanks for any useful information.
Brad
hi Brad,
"Brad" <ballison@.ukcdogs.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:eRE7fiSkEHA.3612@.TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> I also posted this to the CR newsgroup, but I think it might be an MSDE
> problem also.
> We recently moved several Access databases to an instance of MSDE. We
use
> VB .Net for program development. Upon running one of the programs a
dialog
> box now pops up alerting us to enter a user name and password. I searched
> the Business Solutions help and found that the database server needs to be
> set up with a trusted connection. I thought I already did this through
the
> data connection of the VS IDE.
> Is there something more than I have to do on the MSDE side?
> Thanks for any useful information.
MSDE is usually installed allowing *only* trusted connections, and you have
to force the parameter SECURITYMODE=SQL at install time in order to allow
SQL Server authenticated connection..
chek your registry at
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSSQLServer\MSSQLServer
or
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\InstanceName\MSSQLServer
at the
LoginMode key
a value of 2 will allow both, where 1 only allows trusted connections
Andrea Montanari (Microsoft MVP - SQL Server)
http://www.asql.biz/DbaMgr.shtmhttp://italy.mvps.org
DbaMgr2k ver 0.9.1 - DbaMgr ver 0.55.1
(my vb6+sql-dmo little try to provide MS MSDE 1.0 and MSDE 2000 a visual
interface)
-- remove DMO to reply
|||Andrea,
Thank you for the response, however in researching this problem I did see a
knowleddge base article about changing the key to 2 which I already did and
I still am having the same problem.
Thanks,
Brad
"Andrea Montanari" <andrea.sqlDMO@.virgilio.it> wrote in message
news:2prjfcFo4pukU1@.uni-berlin.de...
> hi Brad,
> "Brad" <ballison@.ukcdogs.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
> news:eRE7fiSkEHA.3612@.TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> use
> dialog
> the
> MSDE is usually installed allowing *only* trusted connections, and you
> have
> to force the parameter SECURITYMODE=SQL at install time in order to allow
> SQL Server authenticated connection..
> chek your registry at
> HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSSQLServer\MSSQLServer
> or
> HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\InstanceName\MSSQLServer
> at the
> LoginMode key
> a value of 2 will allow both, where 1 only allows trusted connections
> --
> Andrea Montanari (Microsoft MVP - SQL Server)
> http://www.asql.biz/DbaMgr.shtmhttp://italy.mvps.org
> DbaMgr2k ver 0.9.1 - DbaMgr ver 0.55.1
> (my vb6+sql-dmo little try to provide MS MSDE 1.0 and MSDE 2000 a visual
> interface)
> -- remove DMO to reply
>
sql

No comments:

Post a Comment