Thursday, March 22, 2012

Crystal Reports connection to a Bugzilla MySQL database - problem with links.

I'm trying to set up Crystal Reports with an ODBC connection to Bugzilla which I know works.

It is crashing if I add more than one table - either if I click on Links or OK.

Do I need to give the user any extra priveledges to see links between tables. Are there links between tables in the MySQL database in the same way you would see in a SQL Server database?

I've done searches such as:
bugzilla odbc links
and
mysql odbc links

but I didn't find anything...

Thanks for your help,

JamesNobody got any idea what I might be doing wrong? My MySQL server is on a Linux Fedora Core 5 machine if that helps...|||It could be smart linking.
Try 'File' menu, 'Options', 'Database' tab, uncheck 'Automatic Smart Linking' at the bottom of the 'Advanced Options' section.|||It could be smart linking.
Try 'File' menu, 'Options', 'Database' tab, uncheck 'Automatic Smart Linking' at the bottom of the 'Advanced Options' section.
I don't have an 'Automatic Smart Linking' option, I'm using Crystal Reports 9.2.0.448

No comments:

Post a Comment