Thursday, March 22, 2012

Crystal Reports in C# - doesnt show data

Hi @.ll,

I'm new to Crystal Reports... using VS 2005 Beta

I need a simple Report from my simple database - one table.
I created a Crystal Reports-Report and used a "Crystal Reports Viewer" in my Winform and everything seems to work.

When my program starts the Report is displayed, the header is displayed but no Detail-Data. That means: My Data isn't displayed.

You might now think: I haven't got any data in my table... But that isn't true, there are 2 datasets in my table...

What should I do?
Is there any Initializing that i haven't done? Why doesn't the Report showing my data automatically?

Thanks for help!

ITSEOpen the database Do verify Database
Uncheck the option "Save Data with Reports"|||Thanks for your answer !

Open the Database with which Program?
In VS 2005 there is the Tool "DataSources" for the Project-DataSources and at the tool for generating CrystalReports there is the "FieldExplorer".

But in none of them is a checkbox "Save Data ..."

Can you please explain where the checkbox is?

Thanks,

cya|||Open the database Do verify Database
Uncheck the option "Save Data with Reports"

I mean open that report and do that not the database|||ok ;-) then I should open the Report. I open it with VS and where is the checkbox? I looked in every dialog I can find, but I think you are using a other program?|||Well
Through coding give
CR.DiscardSavedData=True|||ok I wan't to try it.

In my Project I only got a WinForm, a CrystalReportViewer in it and a CrystalReport. (a "crystalReport1.rpt" File)

Where should I write the "DiscardSavedData"-Thing? I tried to find this Attribute in my classes but couldn't find it.

I know it looks like I'm stupid, but can you or someone show me in which File in which Class I should write your code?

Thanks... Please give me more input not only a simple "one-line" answer... it's really annoying that my Report doesn't work.

To overcome that problem I had to use an Access-Database, create a Access-Report and it worked... It could be sooooo simple...
But why o why... I think I begin to hate the programmers of crystalReports...!!!!

Hope somebody helps me out of this ****.

Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment