Thursday, March 22, 2012

Crystal Reports for VS 2005

Hi, currently I am using Visual Studio 2005 to create a Crystal reports for my application, when i choose the data source from a list of driver, normally we will use OLE DB Provider for SQL Server,

but I saw other provider in the list, which is SQL Native Client, can I use this instead of OLE DB?Hi johnlim,

Yes, you can use the SQL Native client, but it does involved extra supporting files being inlcuded in your setup project. Basically, I would not use it unless you specifically need to access the SQL MDF/LDF data files directly. This is not normally the case with reporting.
I use the ADO provider. It works well and is supported on lots of forums, like this one.
cheers,
Mark Chimes

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnlim20088

Hi, currently I am using Visual Studio 2005 to create a Crystal reports for my application, when i choose the data source from a list of driver, normally we will use OLE DB Provider for SQL Server,

but I saw other provider in the list, which is SQL Native Client, can I use this instead of OLE DB?

No comments:

Post a Comment