Thursday, March 22, 2012

Crystal Reports Printing from SSL

I have a tough problem in debugging the following problem..

When I try to print or export to .pdf from crystal reports from a SSL certified (https://..) it throws IE error saying file cannot be found..

From normal servers (http://...) it works fine..

Server: windows 2000
Crystal reports 9.x
Scripting :ASP

If any one have any solution for this... please do help..

Thanks,I too have this problem on a Win2K3 using CrystalReports .NET ... Instead of a "404 File Not Found" error, I get a blank page and a little picture icon.

Have you had any progress?|||up to version 8, CR didn't support relative paths, so that might help axisperfect, who didn't state CR version........
The test for this is to try to create a text file to the same location.
If it succeeds, your problem relates to CR.
If it fails, too, then you should look to your web server as the source of the problem.

Dave|||Thanks for the suggestion, Dave.

Oddly enough the probem seemed to be confined to my PC and the local (!) server. The symptoms:
1. Able to view Crystal Report
2. When exporting to PDF (e.g. clicking a button that writes the PDF to current window) , the browser will either blank out or crash (as it eventually did on my computer).

After 2 hours of scratching my head, I tried it on a few other computers and found nothing wrong. *roll eyes* Just for the record, I'm using the Crystal Report that comes with VS.Net 2002.

I've decided to leave it as-is since the problem was so isolated.

No comments:

Post a Comment