Sunday, March 25, 2012

Crystal V9 Range selection

Hi all,

I have installed SP3. whilst in the development environment, I have created a simple report that just lists everything from a single table. This works fine.

I then introduced a range parameter on one of my fields. then go to preview and enter a valid range, but the results still show all records???

Cant believe this is a enuine bug, as it's pretty fundemental. What am I doing wrong?What datatype it is? I tried with date range. It works fine.|||the field type is a character string and the database is an Access 2000 one.

The values are 2 characters like:

LA LB LC LD LE ......and so on.

when I enter a start of LB and and end LD for instane, it returns All|||check ur selection formula.|||I have now removed all parameter fields and will walk you through what I am doing.

I have the field explorer open and have right clicked on the parameter fields and selected new.

this displays a create parameter field dialog box I then enter a value in the name and propting text values leaving value type as string. I change options to range values then press the button set default values. I ensure that the table is correct and then set the browse field with the column from the table that I want to filter on. Then in the left hand pane it displays all values relating to that column. I press the >> button to make all values the default I then set the order to alphabetical ascending i then press ok. it goes back to the previous dialog and I leave allow editing of default values checked and press ok.

My parameter field now exists in the field explorer window under parameters. I drag this to the report header, and press preview I'm them prompted for a start and end of range which I enter, I then press ok, and then I'm returned all values.

???:confused:|||Everythings looks correct.

The last step is, you have to write the record selection formula.

Goto Report menu, select "SelectFourmula" and then "Record..."

This will opens the edit formula window.

Here select your database field and then give in condition which will be suitable for range values and then select ur parameter field.
This looks like

{table.column} in {?parameter}

now save and close this.

Refrsh the report|||Ah....thx the manual doesn't mention the last bit. It works now.

No comments:

Post a Comment