Saturday, February 25, 2012

crystal & SQL Server

Hi ,
I am new to Crystal reports and I wana use CrystalReports using SQL SERVER .
How can i create DSN with SQL Server ?
pls let me know
Thx and Regards
SamDisregard this if you think I have mistaken your question. I think you want to be able to get date from SQLServer database using CR. If so, here it goes, assuming you're using window XP:

1. Make sure you can connect to the SQL database. To check this, go to Control panel => Administrative Tools => Data source (ODBC) => check on either User DSN, System DSN or File DSN tab to see if your database show. If it doesn't, you can add new. I can't help you there because I don't know how you setup securities & stuff.

2. Once it shows, you can open up CR. Create new connection, go to ODBC sources, your SQL database name should show up here. If not, you did not configure / connect the SQL properly. Go back to step 1.

3. Select the database / tables that you need.

Good luck.|||Thx thg for your reply.
I would like to work on Stored procudures in SQL Server.. Is there any Ref-Cursor's available in SQL Server as Oracle ?
which is best suggested books Online for Crystal Reports and SQL Server ?
Thx and Regards
Sam|||Make sue of help files that are part of CR and SQL Server

No comments:

Post a Comment