Friday, February 24, 2012

Crosstab - row records effecting formula

I'm using CR 10, and doing a report that uses two sub-reports. I have the parameter set and they are being passed to both sub-reports, both are cross tabs. One important parameter to mention is the date parameter, which is a range that selects the hours, and the results of calls that occurred for that day. So there are two types of data, the hours, and the call results.

The first sub-report handles the hours and other summaries. There is a formula that takes the datetimeout datetimein and outputs the total hours. The only way that it takes and does this by a particular day is if the formula is in the cross-tab report.

The problem is when the formula is in the cross-tab report it sums it up by how many records it finds for that date. What I did to fix this problem is to divide by the count of rows.

It is fine when you do just one date, however when you do more than one date you end up with it dividing by the total amount of records it finds for all dates, not by the amount for that particular day.

The way that it counts the records is not by date specifically, its only by the field of a database itself.

Is there a way to make it dynamic to maybe pull an array of the counts per record for that day? If so then I would be able to divide it by the day, and the output is correct. The main problem is that I need it to dynamically pick out each date, since the amount of dates, and the actual dates will vary.

Also, is there a way that I can put it in the cross-tab report and actually give me the correct data without this whole divide issue?

The formula I'm using is basically 'count({WEEKLY.datetimein});'

The output should look like this

10/16 | 10/17 | Total
Hours 80.11 | 75.11 | 155.22
Total Calls 729 | 616 | 1345

But it actually outputs this currently

10/16 | 10/17 | Total
Hours 79.60 | 75.62 |155.22
Total Calls 689.74 | 655.26| 1345

Any help whatsoever is much appreciated, thank you. Let me know if you have any other questions. I really need some help on this, I've been struggling trying to find a solution.i can't help but notice over 26 people looked at my problem, and didn't post, I'm hoping that I can get some help with this issue. If there is anymore information that I can provide, or absolutely any information anyone has to share reguarding my issue please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment