Friday, February 24, 2012

Cross-Tab - How to add logic in summarized fields

Hi, I'm using Crystal Report Developper XI with Eclipse and I'd like to know if it's possible to put some logic in a Cross-table

Here's my problem:
I made a simple cross-table to track orders delivery

Example:
---| 20/06/07 21/06/07 22/06/07
-------------------
Order 1 | 44 55 66
Order 2 | 66 55 33
Order 3 | DELI 22 66

The problem is that when I display this cross-tab, I must checked whether or not this order has been delivered (it's a simple boolean flag), if yes, I want to display DELI, otherwise I display the quantity

I could I do that given that the quantities displayed are the result of a SUM({ORDER.QUANTITY}) ??

Thanks in advance !
Philgo to cross tab expert, you should see new formula near bottom right corner, create your formula and add to your cross tab.|||It seems like I don't have access to that cross-tab expert, i'm using Crystal Report XI Developper (plugin for eclipse) and i'm not using the Crystal report server.

Is there another of doing it... without using cross-tab expert ?!|||The problem is that when I display this cross-tab, I must checked whether or not this order has been delivered (it's a simple boolean flag), if yes, I want to display DELI, otherwise I display the quantity

I could I do that given that the quantities displayed are the result of a SUM({ORDER.QUANTITY}) ??
Phil

ig you have access to your query into DB, I suggest you create a view and you could write there the logic.

bit litle sample

create or replace view nameview as
select................
case when myflag=1 then
ORDER.QUANTITY
else
0 'in your report takes 0 when run (Sum)
end as ForCrossTabData
..
.....

No comments:

Post a Comment