Saturday, February 25, 2012

CryptographicException

I started getting the error
CryptographicException "the parameter is incorrect" whilst designing a
report. Interestingly, I removed everything from the report so there is
nothing in the report, including the dataset and I still get this error. I
guess it must be corruption in the RDL. Can anyone suggest where I might
look?
thanksHi,
I get this error very often while designing reports.
When you get this error, Just Save the changes and Close the Project. Open
it again, you will not have the error.
Hope this helps
Ponnurangam
"Matt" <NoSpam:Matthew.Moran@.Computercorp.com.au> wrote in message
news:eGGM$BYvEHA.3856@.TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>I started getting the error
> CryptographicException "the parameter is incorrect" whilst designing a
> report. Interestingly, I removed everything from the report so there is
> nothing in the report, including the dataset and I still get this error.
> I
> guess it must be corruption in the RDL. Can anyone suggest where I might
> look?
> thanks
>|||I got this problem also. The problem exists even after I reboot my computer.
There are other corruption issues, such as all of a sudden, the report would
stop passing parameter to execute a stored procedure in dataset... Again,
saving, closing, rebooting, and reopening didnt help. I ended up having to
recreate the rdl,
I now establish version control, so that I can revert back to an older,
workable version.
"Ponnurangam" wrote:
> Hi,
> I get this error very often while designing reports.
> When you get this error, Just Save the changes and Close the Project. Open
> it again, you will not have the error.
> Hope this helps
> Ponnurangam
> "Matt" <NoSpam:Matthew.Moran@.Computercorp.com.au> wrote in message
> news:eGGM$BYvEHA.3856@.TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> >I started getting the error
> > CryptographicException "the parameter is incorrect" whilst designing a
> > report. Interestingly, I removed everything from the report so there is
> > nothing in the report, including the dataset and I still get this error.
> > I
> > guess it must be corruption in the RDL. Can anyone suggest where I might
> > look?
> >
> > thanks
> >
> >
>
>|||Thanks for your replies,
I found that deleting the data file resolve the problem in my case.
regards
Matt
"LBJOHN" <LBJOHN@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:B7A559E8-576B-43AC-9164-548AC6F145BA@.microsoft.com...
> I got this problem also. The problem exists even after I reboot my
computer.
> There are other corruption issues, such as all of a sudden, the report
would
> stop passing parameter to execute a stored procedure in dataset... Again,
> saving, closing, rebooting, and reopening didnt help. I ended up having
to
> recreate the rdl,
> I now establish version control, so that I can revert back to an older,
> workable version.
> "Ponnurangam" wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I get this error very often while designing reports.
> >
> > When you get this error, Just Save the changes and Close the Project.
Open
> > it again, you will not have the error.
> >
> > Hope this helps
> >
> > Ponnurangam
> >
> > "Matt" <NoSpam:Matthew.Moran@.Computercorp.com.au> wrote in message
> > news:eGGM$BYvEHA.3856@.TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> > >I started getting the error
> > > CryptographicException "the parameter is incorrect" whilst designing a
> > > report. Interestingly, I removed everything from the report so there
is
> > > nothing in the report, including the dataset and I still get this
error.
> > > I
> > > guess it must be corruption in the RDL. Can anyone suggest where I
might
> > > look?
> > >
> > > thanks
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
> >

No comments:

Post a Comment