Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Cross Join iteration problem...

I am having a mental fart...

I have two tables:

DECLARE @.store_options TABLE(store_option_id INT IDENTITY(1,1), store_id INT)

DECLARE @.vendor_options TABLE(vendor_option_id INT IDENTITY(1,1), store_option_id INT, item_id INT, vendor_id INT, price NUMERIC(18,4))

I populate the first table with a litst of stores that offer all desired items.

I populate the second table with a list of vendors, the item is, and cost avaiable at each of the stores in the first table.

What I would like is to output all possible the store and vendor combos ordered by combined price.

So, for instance, I have 3 products, A B and C. Store X has A and B by vendor G, and A B and C by vendor H. I want the output to have all iterations of (Store, Product, Vendor, Price) grouped in order of total price. So...

X A G
X B G
X C H

X A G
X B H
X C H

X A H
X B G
X C H

X A H
X B H
X C H

ordered by each group's combined price.

For some reason, I can't get this straight in my head. Must need more coffee.No feedback here?

No comments:

Post a Comment