Sunday, March 11, 2012

Crystal Report Graph

Hi Everybody,
I have just started to work with Crystal Report(shipped with vb.net 2003) and I am facing I problem in drawing a line graph.I have to draw a simple graph from a table where one column is time(datatype is datetime in sql server) and another column is Flow(datatype is float).Flow is recorded in every minute.I have to plot the graph where time is at X axis and flow at Y axis(no summerized value).
But in Chart expert whenever I select time in X axis(that is on change of value), I find Find flow is coming as summerized value like sum,average etc(but I want simple plotting without summerization).
If I take 'each record' option from chart expert for time column,I find X axis is showing mere numbers like 0,1,2.... instead of time which I require.
If anybody can help me I will be greatful to this group.
Thanking you.
Siddhartha.In both the cases what values are coming on the Y axis|||Hi
Thank you for your help,can you tell me how can I change at least one series to x axis.I am using Crystal report shipped with vb.net 2003.
Siddhartha|||If possible can you send me the project in zipped as a zip file|||I am facing the same problem too, I used the advanced layout in the chart expert , but still i get summarized values ,once i choose the "on change of value"
The don't summarize check box is disabled too.
I am using crystal report version 10

Could anyone pleease help,|||Since you are trying to draw a graph between two values, on change of 1 value so X-axis will have only 1 entry for 1 value. Lets say your table looks like this

Time Value

10:34 10.13
10:34 10.14
10:34 9.5
10:35
10:35
10:36

then as you see there are 3 entries for same time value (10:34) so how this will be displayed in the graph since a graph will have only 1 entry for 10:34. Thats why when you choose the value it comes to be a summarized value. So you can choose the corect type of summarization for your report it can be average, sum or any other even you own function. I think this clears your problem. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment