Thursday, March 8, 2012

Crystal Report 10

I'm using a particular software which uses standard .rpt files created with CR 8.5.
Now I have available Cristal Reports 10 and I'd like modifying these .rpt files.
I open 8.5 rpt file with CR10 and I save it without modifying it.
I can see .rpt file dimension is reduced about 50% and running report by using the particular software it gets an error : unable to load report.

Is it necessary conversion from 10 rpt file to 8.5 file ?
How can I use CR10 to modify 8.5 rpt file ?You need to update your software as well. It uses the runtime version of 8.5, which is unable to read version 10 reports, and now that you edit your reports these are saved using version 10 format (you saw the decrease in size). The version 10 developer can only be used to save reports in version 10 format. The runtime engine for verion 10 can however also read version 8.5 reports.

- Jukka

No comments:

Post a Comment