Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Crystal or MS Reporting Services

Hi
We are currently contemplating a Crystal Systems, but I came across MS
Reporting Services.
Any ideas on which is more superior or MIS and CRM data?
Kind Regards
RikeshI found a document at the following location, but have not yet read it...
http://www.ramblainf.com/certia04/docs/RSvsBO_En_v1.pdf
Also be sure to figure in the cost of purchase, maintenance costs, etc...
Many of our customers are moving from Crystal to RS for the money reason.
--
Wayne Snyder, MCDBA, SQL Server MVP
Mariner, Charlotte, NC
www.mariner-usa.com
(Please respond only to the newsgroups.)
I support the Professional Association of SQL Server (PASS) and it's
community of SQL Server professionals.
www.sqlpass.org
"rikesh" <rikesh_patel@.website.com> wrote in message
news:ucN%23hwIeEHA.384@.TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Hi
> We are currently contemplating a Crystal Systems, but I came across MS
> Reporting Services.
> Any ideas on which is more superior or MIS and CRM data?
> Kind Regards
> Rikesh
>|||Cool, thanks for that Wayne, I shall have a look at that...
Initial quotes from CR are anywhere in the region of 30K-100K!!!!
"Wayne Snyder" <wayne.nospam.snyder@.mariner-usa.com> wrote in message
news:O7o8T3IeEHA.644@.tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> I found a document at the following location, but have not yet read it...
> http://www.ramblainf.com/certia04/docs/RSvsBO_En_v1.pdf
> Also be sure to figure in the cost of purchase, maintenance costs, etc...
> Many of our customers are moving from Crystal to RS for the money reason.
> --
> Wayne Snyder, MCDBA, SQL Server MVP
> Mariner, Charlotte, NC
> www.mariner-usa.com
> (Please respond only to the newsgroups.)
> I support the Professional Association of SQL Server (PASS) and it's
> community of SQL Server professionals.
> www.sqlpass.org
> "rikesh" <rikesh_patel@.website.com> wrote in message
> news:ucN%23hwIeEHA.384@.TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> > Hi
> >
> > We are currently contemplating a Crystal Systems, but I came across MS
> > Reporting Services.
> >
> > Any ideas on which is more superior or MIS and CRM data?
> >
> > Kind Regards
> >
> > Rikesh
> >
> >
>|||Rikesh,
In my experience, RS has provided a better reporting solution, especially if you already have a SQL server running. I've been in charge of moving my company's Crystal reports to RS, and coming in new to both, I've found RS to be smoother and easier to handle. It has its quirks, espeically being a younger product. I've found it has been exceptional for our purposes, which include a lot of large, number comparison reports.
Were I in your shoes, I would definately lean toward RS, but granted, that's just my opinion. Good luck with it all,
- T|||Hi Teros
Thank you for your reply....Just one question, is there any reason why CE
and RS could be installed on the one machine, I have limited resources at
hand, and I wish to prove my case for RS, however, I worried of corrupting
my test installation of CE. Would there be any conflict errors?
Kind Regards
Rikesh
"Teros" <Teros@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:A0B633AB-9729-4537-AB9D-154461F12601@.microsoft.com...
> Rikesh,
> In my experience, RS has provided a better reporting solution, especially
if you already have a SQL server running. I've been in charge of moving my
company's Crystal reports to RS, and coming in new to both, I've found RS to
be smoother and easier to handle. It has its quirks, espeically being a
younger product. I've found it has been exceptional for our purposes, which
include a lot of large, number comparison reports.
> Were I in your shoes, I would definately lean toward RS, but granted,
that's just my opinion. Good luck with it all,
> - T

No comments:

Post a Comment