Thursday, March 8, 2012

Crystal Report Doubt(Subreport)

Hi,
I have inserted a Sub-Report into a Main Report. My Sub-Report is placed in the middle of the main report i.e there are Text objects in the main report placed in such a way that some of the Text objects of the main report are on top of the Sub-Report and some others are at the bottom of the Sub-Report. When I populate the sub-report and the main report with data...

I have 2 scenarios :

Scenario 1 :
If my Sub-Report has very less data(say only one Row) then, I want the Text objects of the main report to move up, without leaving any gap/space that I allocated for my Sub-Report.


Scenario 2 :
If my Sub-Report has more data(say 20 Rows) then, I want the Text objects of the main report to scroll/move down .

I have tried using the "Can Grow" option in the Format section of the subreport, but it is not working properly, ie if there are more rows then the rows of the subreport are overlaping with the rows/Text Objects that I placed in the Main Report and the rows of the sub-report are moving to the right.

Awaiting for ur reply.Hi,
You have to set can grow for the sub report. Put your text in a new section below subreport. For example if your sub report is in details section then you can create one more details section and put your required text in this new section. and use fit to section.

bye

No comments:

Post a Comment