Thursday, March 8, 2012

Crystal Report Developer Runtime

In my VB application I can print some reports. From my pc all works right but if I do it on a machine in which CR10 is not installed I get errors.

What Dll's are needed to run CR?
I've searched on the web, but I haven't found a solution.

I think I must create an installer package with all dll's but how could I do this?Dunno about V10, but in 8.5 installation, there is a file named Runtime.hlp that is found in
C:\Program Files\Seagate Software\Crystal Reports\Developer Files\Help

this tells you what the files are that are needed for particular deployments.

Under Vb6's Add-Ins menu item there should be a Package and Deployment Wizard option. This will use the dependency files (.dep) that ship with Crystal to build up a complete set of files and define the locations they are to be installed to etc. These .dep files contain information about files that are needed in order for specific functionality to occur, and whether windows needs to register them or not, and so on. Do a search for cr*.dep on your development PC and have a look inside these files, you'll see what I mean.

Sometimes you have to tweak the installation, as the .dep files are not up to date or are incorrect, and it's best, if you run into problems, to check Seagate's Business Objects site for assistance.

Bear in mind, in this Runtime.hlp they reference file locations that refer to the location of files on your development PC. They don't list where the files have to go on the PC with the deployed VB application........you gotta rely on the .dep files being OK, and then working any other bugs out for yourself.

dave|||Ok, thank you very much!
Grazie, ciao :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment