Thursday, March 8, 2012

Crystal Report and Unicode

Hi,

I'm having problem with a report (CR 8).

I have to use it also in different countries that are using particular characters, such as Greece, Russia, Czech Republic.

Which font do I have to use?

I've tryed with Arial Unicode, but in CR I have always to specify the set (Cyrillic, Central Europe, Greek, etc.) and it is working only in the correspondant country.

Is there a solution?

thanks
SnowbHi Snowb, I'm facing same issue as you discribed. Have you found any solution ?
Cheers
------------
Hi,

I'm having problem with a report (CR 8).

I have to use it also in different countries that are using particular characters, such as Greece, Russia, Czech Republic.

Which font do I have to use?

I've tryed with Arial Unicode, but in CR I have always to specify the set (Cyrillic, Central Europe, Greek, etc.) and it is working only in the correspondant country.

Is there a solution?

thanks
Snowb|||No solution up to now.
Maybe newer versions of Crystal Reports solve this problem, but everytime I upgrade my installation, I need to upgrade also other sw and hundreds of users... It's always a mess!|||i have successfully used unicode strings on a crystal report, (crystal 9). it was my only option after trying hard to get it working on previous version, it just doesn't support unicode before v9.|||thanks for the info. I will try it.
... did you try also to export in Word format? In version 8 it's not working, and they know about this...|||i have successfully used unicode strings on a crystal report, (crystal 9). it was my only option after trying hard to get it working on previous version, it just doesn't support unicode before v9.

Hello stromberg45,

I am new to crystal reports, presently i am working with Crystal reports XI in VB 6.0 for genrating unicode reports(Kannada - an Indian Language). I have created the report using the Standard Report Creation Wizard and saved it. I am storing the data in MS Access 2003 database which supports unicode.

The problem is that when I open the Report1.rpt file directly by cliking on it I am able to see the data in the Kannada language. But if open the same report using the Crystal Report Viewer form VB code, I am not able see the data in Kannada language, its all qustion marks - it is converting the text into Kannada Language.

Can you help me out with this problem.

I have wriiten the following code ...

Dim crxApplication As New CRAXDRT.Application
Dim crxReport As New CRAXDRT.Report

Set crxReport = crxApplication.OpenReport(App.Path & "\reports\Report1.rpt")

Form1.CRViewer1.EnableRefreshButton = True
Form1.CRViewer1.EnableNavigationControls = True
Form1.CRViewer1.EnableSearchControl = False
Form1.CRViewer1.ReportSource = crxReport
Form1.CRViewer1.ViewReport
Form1.Show

Form1 has the CrystalActivexReportViewer control.

Regards,
Shiva|||Hi all,
I am in a similer situation where in i need to display the arabic data in Crystal Report from Datas base. I have tried all the fonts settings including Arial Unicode, Arabic Transperent, Tahoma etc.. but it is displaying like Junk values..

I am using VB 6 Cache 5.2 and Crystal 10.

i am able to store and retrive the arabic data from VB,even though the data in DB looks like junk values. when it comes to Crystal Report it is showing that same hwo it is stored in the DB.
so tried directly enterd some data as arabic itself in DB that is coming as ??mark in both VB and Crystal Report.

plz help me how to resolve the problem with CR 10
thanks in Advance

Binu

No comments:

Post a Comment